Province No.1 at a Glance
Total area of the province is 25,905 square kilometer ranking 2nd among 7 provinces. The Highest and Lowest elevation are 8848 m and 70 m respectively. Province No. 1 contributes 4,534,943 (17.1%) population of the country ranking 3rd. The populatioon density is 180 per square Kilometer ranking 4rth. It has 14 districts-10 hilly districts namely Taplejung, Panchthar, Ilam, Terhathum, Sankhuwasabha, Dhankuta, Bhojpur, Khotang, Okhaldhunga & Solukhumbu and 4 Teari districts namely Jhapa, Morang, Sunsari and Udayapur. There are total 137 local administrative units in the province in which there is one Metropolitan city, two Sub-metropolitan cities, 46 Municipalities and 88 Rural Municipalities. The province represents 28 seats in Fedral Parliament and 56 seats in Provincial Assembly.
“The top of the world i.e. Sagarmatha-The Mount Everest is situated in this province. The Koshi river which is the largest river of the country and Famous Arun Valley with endengered Amphibian called Salamander is also situated here in this province.
What are we for ?
We are committed to provide need based, job/market oriented short and long term vocational trainings giving special opportunity to disadvantaged groups (dalits, Janajati and Madheshi). We are also committed to produce large number of entrepreneurs with the help of those trainings. This, we believe, will reduce the unemployment and increase national income making people job creators rather job seekers. We will be moving towards developing industry based training making strong link with the idustries and ultimately conducting training in the related industry itself. We will also make strong ties with government agencies, institutions and offices linkng the training in actual work place. This will pave way for sustainability of vocational training delivery system. The actual norms and value of technical education and vocational training will be applied to reduce the poverty of the country.
It is a provincial autonomous apex body of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of skillful and competent technical human resources required to the nation.
It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment in local level of province number one.
- Provide advice to the Provincial Government regarding TVET policy and programs.
- Maintain quality of TEVT in the Province.
- Built rapport and coordinate with local Governments/GO”s and NGOs/ CBOs.
- Coordinate and maintain the standard of training by providing curriculum and learning materials to the province level.
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of TEVT institutions of the province.
- Conduct/Assist in accreditation process.
- Conduct examination of TEVT institutions of the province and prepare results for approval.
- Carry out research activities in the field of TEVT including training needs assessments/ job market analysis and follow up studies.
- Conduct the short and long term training/ seminar/ workshop to produce skilled human resources.
- Explore and mobilize national and international assistance needed for the development of TEVT sector in the province.
- Conduct skills/occupations test.